tint

darklink991

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok hey guys been a while since posting. But last time was about headlights. They have been painted black. Windows got 20% back and 35% on front. Well now I am looking at doing a 20% tint on all my taillights. The brake light and both of my sedans taillights. Was on ebay looking at two kits they said it uses a adhesive to able. Can I just go to the guy that tinted my windows and have him tint them by hand. I also want to paint my emblem.if some can post on how to paint emblem and tinting taillights. And I can post pics if I figure out how.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Chevy Cobalt Smoked 3rd ...
That is the third light
CHEVY COBALT SEDAN Smoke...
Taillights

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Ok well added pics of headlights and tint on my folder on my page.

Giller1

Reaction score
You can buy smoked tailights off ebay. I painted mine and they turned out good. Which emblem are you wanting to paint?

darklink991

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its the trunk bowtie my front was already painted and I have paint from doing headlights

Giller1

Reaction score
I shaved all the trunk emblems, but if you want to paint it all you need is paint, masking tape, exacto knife and some newspaper. tape over the emblem (get the tape in all the bends and cracks) Then take the exacto knife and cut out the part you want painted (make sure all the cuts are clean). Then clean off the part you are going to paint. Once you do that cover the area around the car that you dont want paint on with the newspaper. Then all you have to do is put a few coats of paint on the emblem (allowing time in between coats).

darklink991

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, both of the states we are possibly moving to say its illegal to mess with and DOT approved braking lights

Kenz

Reaction score
Bowties

I just used sand paper to smooth out the gold bowties and taped off around the gold part leaving the chrome around the edge. I covered the rest of the car so no paint hit it and I used a spray primer first then a black metallic spray paint. Real easy and I like the way the black looks with the chrome still around it.

2228-blacked-out-bowties.jpg

2227-sprayin-emblems.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie