Transmission issues

Timps1515

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Thank you for allowing me to be part of your group! Its a Great way to see and hear any issues and all the Good stuff as well.
I recently purchased a 2010 Cobalt LT and the tranny is acting up. I just got it and yesterday I took it on the freeway and it shifts weird and the rpms go way up and down. I did a quick google search and it says I am low on transmission fluid or the torque converter is acting up and GM will pay to fix it as if its a recall. Any help would be Greatly appreciated!! I was planning on taking it to Aamco today and have them top off the trans. fluid.
Thank You! Tim
PS the Cobalt has 81,000 miles

Timps1515

Reaction score
I just got back from AAMCO and they said. "Lock up NOT staying engaged. He said its the Torque converter and not sure what else has been damaged. I just bought car and I've put 1032 miles on car. I'm going to call the Dealership where I bought it. Any suggestions Greatly appreciated!!
He also said Code Q- Transmission RO Code=POWER SURGE
I have NO warranty. 82,000 miles. 2010 LT Coupe 2.2L Automatic.

Last edited:

Timps1515

Reaction score
I spoke with Customer Service at GM and I explained situation and she put me on the phone with the Service Manager at Auto Nation Chevrolet and authorized a free Diagnostic check. The Service Manager said we can work something out. Good news so far.

Timps1515

Reaction score
Found out today at Auto Nation Chevrolet and they did the Road test and GM authorized diagnostic and found out the wiring harness that goes around the oil filter and it was "shorting" out. That's why the problems with the transmission. They are such Cheap pricks in my opinion. I asked "So did you repair the wires with electrical tape or what"? The service advisor said "No. All we did was pull the wires away from oil filter so it would stop throwing wrong codes and you need to replace the wiring harness and then put on diagnostic to make sure the "shorting out" didn't mess anything else up. It drove perfect on the way home!! I hit it Hard going onto freeway and got up to 100 no problem. Anyway I sent a letter to the dealer where I bought it explaining the situation and that they need to pay for it. I worked in the car biz for many years and I always took care of the customer with repairs under $500

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can toss tape on it to make sure it's good in the mean time. Interesting fix.

Timps1515

Reaction score
That's what I'm planning on doing. Still pisses me off the dealership I took it to didn't take 5 minutes and tape it up since GM authorized them to look at it. They will be getting a letter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie