Transmission shift problems-2007 LS 5spd

pitsnipe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lately I have been having some issues with either my shifter/linkage or my transmission. The problem is mostly with the first three gears, though occasionally fourth acts up. When I go to put the shifter in gear especially when stopped sometimes it won't go into gear, and I have to engage the clutch two or three times to get it to go in gear. When moving I can most of the time feel two distinct "catches" when selecting a gear, other time it feels rough going into gear. Additionally, there is an occasional whine comming from what I believe is the transmission. It sounds a lot like a softer version of the sound that old 5spds made in reverse. Mileage is around 84500. Thank you for your time.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check that the cables are attached to the transmission and that they are clipped into the shift cable mount.

pitsnipe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will have to look into that when I work on the car this week. I just got a new control arm to replace my passenger side one.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That whine could be the transmission, have you changed the fluid?

pitsnipe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't yet, the research I have done suggests that it is filled for life, which I'm assuming is 100,000 miles. I plan on changing it when I change my oil again, in the next couple of weeks.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Lifetime" Lol I changed the fluid in my SS 3 times before I hit 90k.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso