TTR Rear bar warped...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it's important that this info is shared with everyone.

Recently I have been noticing my car has had a slight drift while at high speeds on the highway, and that it seems to have a preload when cornering. as in it turns better right then it does left. So I started doing some research. After reading "Thoughts on rear twisting beam sway bars" I began to realize that my bar had become plastic and was permanently out of shape, which was proven upon removal today. This would explain my problems with the high speed drifting. as it was pulling my rear wheels out of alignment. I will allow the pictures I took to tell the story. My one concern is that TTR is not telling people that these problems will happen and are not avoidable. What do you guys plan on doing about this problem?

Now onto the photos:

When I finished unbolting one side it dropped down almost 2.25 inches. then I tried to push it back into position to touch the bottom of the spring perch and I couldn't I got it to within 1" of the bottom of the spring seat then I wasn't strong enough to move it anymore... This is what was putting a preload to one side of my car.

trr4.jpg

and I noticed this: to get that bracket to sit flat the other side of the sway bar is about 4 inches off the table.

ttr1.jpg

Proven 4inches out. had my woman help so it was accurate.
sitting flat on the table:

ttr6.jpg

the other side:

ttr5.jpg

TTR powdercoating:

ttr.jpg

trr3.jpg

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
this is being discussed by site staff and we all hope that TTR comes up with a solution for this issue

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

oh, and welcome to the site btw ;)

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member