Votes: 13 68.4%
  • TVS

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I <3 Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i have been studying the potential of the lsj for some time now and i tend to see that without nos we tend to stay around the 235-270whp which is not to bad considering the power to weight ratio these cars are quick, but! i myself am looking for more. very soon i will be ditch'n my m62 (which is already taken) and taking the path of the tvs or turbo build.
Now for my hp goals, im content with 350-370whp, thats all im looking for. now with the tvs i tend to see on the forums that they only acheve 280-300whp which is not bad for a supercharger on a 4 cylender but to even acheve that; meth,duel pass,and a h/e is mandatory. for me im looking for something that doesn't need much mantanance. now i kno that turbos can be a hand full (boost leaks and all) but its also less stress on our motor. superchargers run hot as hell and to get the most out of your s/c you will need to build your motor, as with a turbo straped on a lsj we can achieve up to 400whp daily driven!
now for the other problem......"FUNDS" my budget is around $2,500.00 - $3,000.00. this is my list for both builds... so to the public let me kno what you think and what the most cost effective swap i should do. also sound is a factor as well turbos sound great and you car will not sound raspy, now as for the s/c i have herd some of my friends cobalts with no cat and it just sounds civic, even mine at a cold start can get up there at wot. not to dis but you can run catless no resonator np on a turbo motor...ok so here we go!

TVS​
1. TVS supercharger
2. Devils own stage 1 meth kit
3. Ottp 3" intake
4. Aem wideband + pillar
5. Gmpp Header ( i kno its gay but remember sound is an issue)
6. duel pass
7. Hp tuners custom tune

i already have ott stage 1 so i have 60's spark plugs and h/e and others.

S20g Turbo Build​
1. s20g turbo (i can get one cheap off of my evo friends)
2. Intercooler
3. Charge piping
4. Ottp intake manifold
5. Ottp turbo manifold
6. Turbo timer
7. Aem wideband + pillar
8. HKS bov
9. Oil lines
10. Vacuum hoses
11. wastegate
12. Boost Controller
13. upgraded fuel pump* (if needed)
14. Gasket and flanges
15. couplers & T-Bolt clamps
16. Oil pressure gauge
17. Hp tuners custom tune

well tips and advice on what you think about my build.:popcorn:

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
a turbo build would be more expensive,

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

but i would go with the tvs

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
for me it would be about cost because i dont have a rich mom or dad to spoil me all i got is a part time job to help pay my way through school

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

i dont know alot about the tvs but a m62 lets out alot of heat when in use, i imagen the tvs wouldnt be much different so i suppose running a turbo would be alot "cooler"

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

what about fully built engine, doing polished and porting the head, cosmetic head gasket, pistons etc etc, with the m62

kezia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i kinda see you being happier with a turbo. that's all you've talked about since the day i met you. idk it's personal preference though i guess.

I <3 Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for me it would be about cost because i dont have a rich mom or dad to spoil me all i got is a part time job to help pay my way through school

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

i dont know alot about the tvs but a m62 lets out alot of heat when in use, i imagen the tvs wouldnt be much different so i suppose running a turbo would be alot "cooler"

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

what about fully built engine, doing polished and porting the head, cosmetic head gasket, pistons etc etc, with the m62

yea i feel you on that bro, the only reason im doing this is because im about to get a second job for a while and plus i got into a car accident last year (rip altima) and some extra money from it is going to be coming through in 2 months or so. then back to school. that's why im doing this now so i dont have to touch it again until i graduate from college..

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

i kinda see you being happier with a turbo. that's all you've talked about since the day i met you. idk it's personal preference though i guess.

you kno me too well :eclipsee_steering:

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

im also try'n to run from the whole port,pistons deal thing.

I <3 Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did the price for both and the tvs is better for the money but a few hundred more and ill have the turbo set up. the part im concerned about is installation cost for the turbo build. the tvs i can do myself

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso