Turbo tune ECU for 2006 cobalt ls

turboecotec

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2006 cobalt ls project. It's coming along good and strong but I am ready for more speed. I am about to turbocharge the car but I am having trouble finding an after market ECU. Any help? uploadfromtaptalk1436217317120.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

turboecotec

Reaction score
Turbo ecu for cobalt ls

Hey I bought a cobalt as a project car. It's coming good and strong. The problem is I am about to turbocharge it but I can't find an aftermarket ECU. Any help?

turboecotec

Reaction score
Turbo tune ECU

Hey I bought a cobalt ls as a project car. It's coming along strong. I am ready to turbocharge the car but the problem is I can't find an after market ECU. Any Help?

turboecotec

Reaction score
Turbo tune ECU 06 chevy cobalt ls

Hey I bought a cobalt ls as a project car. I am ready to turbo charge but I can't find an aftermarket ECU. Any help?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

turboecotec

Reaction score
Hey thanks sorry about that kind of new at this forums thing. Another question you think another option would be buying a turbocharged cobalt ss ECU and installing it?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not as easy as just swapping the ECU. The crank has a different reluctor wheel on it that has a different orientation and tooth count. To use the turbo ECU you'd need to swap the motor, transmission, axles, front wheel hubs, and entire wiring harness. That's assuming you redrill your brake rotors and wheels for 5x110, otherwise you're looking at new brake rotors, calipers, and wheels.

Getting a Trifecta tune is your best bet for performance out of that particular ECU. Otherwise I'd suggest picking up an 05-07 SS supercharged, they go for cheap and are a good performance buy.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts