ugh!! need mods what will fit?!?!?

The Beer Guy

Reaction score
hey, I'm a noob in the cobalt word and in dyer need of some mods for my car. now this is my first NEW car, a 2010 Chevy cobalt base model 2 door coup (5 speed). I've had the car for a week and a half and it almost has 550 miles on it (i drive 75+ miles a day to work)and its about time to really make it my own :D. Now I've been looking around for parts online how ever because the cars so new there's not that much for a 2010. So what i would like to know will parts for a 2009 or earlier fit on my 2010 cobalt? or will certain ss parts fit on my car?

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
almost every stock SS part will bolt up directly to your car, regardless of the year.

and then every mod for a 2.2/2.4 will bolt up to eachother

The Beer Guy

Reaction score
ok cool cuz i was looking at some springs and a short throw shifter and it only said 2005-2007 but awesome now it looks like i need to do some shopin. thanks man

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
that does come into play on some headers IIRC but you can simply delete the SAI

My08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that does come into play on some headers IIRC but you can simply delete the SAI

I want it so bad that IDC ha ha...no DEQ here in Colorado so only thing it might hurt is resale value. Buying it for my Birthday next week.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Will it throw any codes without SAI being hooked up or whatever?

My08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want it so bad that IDC ha ha...no DEQ here in Colorado so only thing it might hurt is resale value. Buying it for my Birthday next week.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Will it throw any codes without SAI being hooked up or whatever?

Ok I take it back, it's between a Pacesetter exhaust or CAV2 header since its SAI compatable and doesnt require tuning. You guys decide for me!

The Beer Guy

Reaction score
I have been looking at the pacesetter headers and possibly a magnaflow exhaust but what would you guy recommend for a high flow cat ? plus how many hours (a ball park guess) for a full exhaust install on a balt. sold my power tools when i left the shop so doing it all with hand tools should be interesting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup