Vibration after 90km/hr

barrett

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 2010 2.2L and when I drive on the highway I begin to feel a vibration at about 80-90km/hr. It's hard to explain but it kind of vibrates three time, pause for a second, vibrates three times, pause for a second.. and so on... it doesn't vibrate with the rotation of the wheels or anything like that so I don't know what it could be. I notice it in the steering wheel.

Also when I brake at higher speeds my steering wheel shakes... rotors??

Oh and I have H&R sport springs, but that only gives a 1" drop so it shouldn't affect anything.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

bummp

Posezion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the engine control fuses in the front of the car, or even power around it. Basically, let's say I "accidentally" pulled this fuse before, and it made the timing of my engine horrible, and when rotating it would go normal then go treacherous and the engine would shake then go normal etc. every 5 secs or so.

Arrowhead33

Reaction score
Had that problem once before with another model, where the car would kind of vibrate back and forth when traveling the highway at about 65+ mph. The car had around 120k miles, so it wasn't new by any means, and it would be discovered later that the head gasket blew. This could have been pure coincidence or was a warning sign.

Paul79UF

Reaction score
The only other thing I can think of is perhaps the wheels need to be balanced.

Be sure to check your tire pressure too.

Let us know how it goes.

Kanix

Reaction score
the question i have for this is... does it happen all the time or only when u have the a/c on? cuz i know mine does that but only when the a/c is on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup