victory_red_SS' project's short version

victory_red_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a bit of news. The floor and firewall are all done except for a bit of welding which will be done as the cage is finished off in the next few days.

The passenger side header is also being done as the final bends/piping arrived at the shop. These are almost the last things that need to be done before the car comes home to be wired.

The LSX block will arrive at the shop next week as it is now in route from Texas. Apparently there was a revision on the block by GM due to the thrust location causing the #3 main to crack. It is because of this revision that we had to wait for the newer version to be shipped out.

Besides the news for the progress of the car, I was just licensed by the NHRA to go racing. That was a great feeling when my temporary license arrived. Now I just need a car. Does anyone want to lend me an 8 second car that I can practice in, please??? LOL

firewall-floor1.jpg

firewall-floor2.jpg

firewall-floor3.jpg

firewall-floor4.jpg

firewall-floor5.jpg

victory_red_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great man!

im still excited :)

You, me and a few other people all feel that way. :D

Because of the changes along the way, I was required to get different slicks for the car. These ones are 2 inches wider and 4 inches taller than the other slicks which I now need to find a home for. I am hoping these M/T's will help me hook well. :D

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

victory_red_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update April 2010

So here is the latest news on the car. The passenger side header is almost done. There is a small clearance issue that the shop has to deal with this week and then the final welding will be done.

The shop also got in the core for the custom intercooler (see pics) and it is a beast. It will handle all we want it to upto 1500hp.

The cage was supposed to be done before bringing the car home and now we are re-thinking that. It has been suggested that we stick with the 8:50 cage for now until we have the car all setup and I am comfortable with the power/handling simply because the funny car section does leave hazards as far as my smacking my head around on the bars. I am not fond of the idea but I understand the shops reasoning.

My LSX block now sits in customs until who knows when and the cylinder heads are supposed to arrive on May 3rd. The other engine parts are also on their way except for the Wilson intake manifold/fuel rails and the Procharger. Those should be in around the 3rd week of May.

We are also at the point where I will be bringing the car home for wiring at the end of April. I will be making arrangements to have it brought home. Other members who are local to me who have expressed wanting to help me, please send me PM's so we can do some planning/co-ordinating. :)

header8.jpg

header9.jpg

header10.jpg

hurstshifter.jpg

Look at the size of this beast of a intercooler core :)
intercoolercore1.jpg

intercoolercore2.jpg

I am very happy to say that I got my NHRA license.
license5.jpg

rob22aaron

Reaction score
Wow.. That's awesome man. Good to see your finishing the project, most just quit halfway with a project of that magnitude. Can't wait to see some videos!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He's still not finished, he's had a bunch of speed bumps along the way. His builder is down with a bad illness. It'll be awesome when it is done though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson