vinyl covered door panel?

would you cover interior panels with black vinyl?

• Total voters

ford sucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i painted all the panels black and they looked good for a while but after about 5 months the paint is wearing off in spots.i have been thinking about covering the doors,glove box, panel under the steering column, a pillar and possibly more with black vinyl.
give me your opinion good or bad.

if i do it i would make a how to for it

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you capable of this?

there are alot of tough angles, that will be a pain to wrap.

ford sucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i have wrapped a few things they turned out fairly nice. hell the worst that happens is i buy a set of black door panels or spend lots of time stripping glue off my panel

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, i can see the whole door panel being a pain in the ass x100, alot of curves and angles there. but if you pull it off, it well definitely be a upgrade from the plastic look.

ford sucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, i can see the whole door panel being a pain in the ass x100, alot of curves and angles there. but if you pull it off, it well definitely be a upgrade from the plastic look.

i would probably do the smaller panels before i do the doors since it has been a while since i covered anything. hopefully it will make it a little easier

cyrusthevirus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went you paint your panels did you sand them down to be smooth? Or did you just paint over the rough surface?

ford sucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used gray schoch bright to rough up the surface followed by a wash in dish soap and water after the pannel dried they got a rub down with duplicolor prep spray.followed by dc adheshion promoter then flat black vinyl and fabric paint
i left the textured surface

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso