weird sounds while on throttle

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
From his sig I am only seeing a CAI and STS as anything that would change sound, STS shouldnt for any reason. Although he mentions having a tune and thats not in his sig.

OP, is your sig updated with all your performance mods?

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Also, my CAI whistles, might possibly be the sound you are hearing. I mean I know you said it doesnt sound like a whistle but being that you guys have a diff engine and intake routing not to mention turbo it could be the sound. Though I can get it to whistle in all gears.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

OFFTOPIC: had some older guy ask me if I was turboed because of the intake almost sounds like a huge wastegate or BOV depending on how I play with the throttle :lol:
i dont know if my cai whistles or not..cant hear it anymore :lol:
but if the op has the same mods as his buddy and only the buddies car is making the noise, then its not a "normal change"

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
True, however I doubt they have the "exact" same tune eg different fuel maps to compinsate for the slight difference in manufacturer (chevy) parts. EX: factory freaks and bad motors

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we both have the trifecta selectable tune. trigger via traction control button

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

true, would only be when shifting in or out either or or both lol

how many miles on the car? what kind of driving (does he drive it hard, hard shifts? etc?)

he drives fairly lead footed, 5,400 miles on the car. he sed it starts at peak boost and gets louder the longer the boost is held. tomorrow I am going to try to get a video

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup