Windows scraping?

fender81

Reaction score
For the longest time, I have had issues with my windows scraping while being rolled up and down. Now they are really bad. I think I might have to end up replacing my windows. Does anyone know what causes this and how I can permanently fix it, so if I do end up getting new windows it doesn't happen again? Has anyone else ever had this problem? I haven't been able to find anything about it online.

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
is it scratching your window? take your door panel off and see if anything is caught somewhere making it scrape

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
is the seal that hugs the window still good? does it have little rocks in it maybe?

fender81

Reaction score
While my car was still under warranty I had taken it in for this issue but they just replaced the window seal. They said it gets dirty and can get rocks in it or something and can scratch the window. It originally started happening on the passenger side but now it's on both windows.

Obviously them replacing the window seal didn't fix it. And yes, the windows are now scratched because of it. Does anyone know what I can do? I don't know if anything physically in the door is scratching it or not. When rolling the passenger window up it does squeal pretty bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup