wire amp and sub to stock radio

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i got it . got the smaller 2 10" 100w and amp 800w . i dont need nothing big . its just for me lol . amp has high level input and low level input .... what one do i use or both ?

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
low... wire your line output converter to your stock speakers. then run audio cables from your LOC to your amp.

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i got the LOC . i get it now after seeing it . i got it rom bestbuy $50 . i think i might of paid to much but i need it . my wife dont think i can install the amp lol . i went to get speaker wire and a 50volt fuse holder . the kit didnt come with it . is it something i need ? i didnt see one at bestbuy only seen them in amp kits .and for the speaker wire to the subs . i should get the subwoffer wire or does it not matter . i know i can install this i got you guys to ask lol . after the speaker wire and the fuse holder if i need it . i should have everything and ready to go . cant wait to get it in

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

o ya i called around to get the amp installed and it was $150 to $100 . just for the amp not to tune the speaker and crap . so i would like to do it myself . the kit was $99 on sale .....

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i got it . got the smaller 2 10" 100w and amp 800w . i dont need nothing big . its just for me lol . amp has high level input and low level input .... what one do i use or both ?

if your amp has high level inputs you can use those and return the 50 dollar loc

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

ok i got the LOC . i get it now after seeing it . i got it rom bestbuy $50 . i think i might of paid to much but i need it . my wife dont think i can install the amp lol . i went to get speaker wire and a 50volt fuse holder . the kit didnt come with it . is it something i need ? i didnt see one at bestbuy only seen them in amp kits .and for the speaker wire to the subs . i should get the subwoffer wire or does it not matter . i know i can install this i got you guys to ask lol . after the speaker wire and the fuse holder if i need it . i should have everything and ready to go . cant wait to get it in

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

o ya i called around to get the amp installed and it was $150 to $100 . just for the amp not to tune the speaker and crap . so i would like to do it myself . the kit was $99 on sale .....

what guage wire are you looking at. does it make a difference? not really but it all depends. you dont want to use 22g for your subs but 10g is way overboard.

Most shops will say speaker wire and subwoofer wire that way people buy the right size but there is nothing special about either they are both the same "type" of wire. For your setup 18g is fine

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok ill go with 18g . thank you again for the help

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

o the fuse between the amp and the batt do i need it ?

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya amp has a fuse it says put a 50v amp holder in the power wire but didnt come with the fuse holder but came with the fuse

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup