Wont start after engine tear down

jan_mast

Reaction score
I have an 08 Chevy cobalt LS. I had a loss of compression in the #1 cylinder. So i pulled the head off and replaced the valves and springs in the #1 cylinder. Re-installed the head with new gaskets, and re-timed her.

When i went to start her nothing, no crank at all. The lights came on, as well as a check engine light. Also the car with a lock through it light came on too. That one was flashing on and off. I pulled the battery and charged it, no joy. I also tried to read the codes with a code reader, it showed nothing.

Is there something i need to do? It seems like the car is shutting its-self down because it knows that the engine has been disturbed. Is there anything like that? Or did my starter just suddenly go bad? Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated!!!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're using the wrong key, try your other one.

Another possibility is that the timing is off, did you use the GM VVT gear holder?

jan_mast

Reaction score
I realized about an hour after posting this that i was using a spare key, that never worked in the ignition anyways lol

She fired right up!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can program the spare key by taking your master key, turn it to on. Remove the master and quickly put the spare in. Then turn the spare key to on.

That should program your spare to the car.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup