Audio guys- Help me install my new amp!!

gCobalt05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a new amp because the one I've got in my car now BLEW!
[New amp comes next week]

I didnt install any of my current system [head unit, amp, subs, nothing!]
So how can I replace this amp?
And should I mount it [if I am able to] somewhere different than on the back of the box?
And please tell me why they ran this wire to the fuse box. Ive heard that youre supposed to run it to the back of the head unit.

Thanks!

DSC_0008-5.jpg

DSC_0011-3.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

Remember, a huge N00B in the audio department.

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
man if this was a question bout installing a h/u or speakers i could help, but ive never messed with subs/amps before... bump for an answer

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please host your images here at CCF, it makes giving help much easier for those on restrictive ISPs.

But to assist in answering your question, I would mount the new amp in the same place as the old one, the line that they ran to the fuse box is likely your ACC wire for the amp and is ran there so that the amp turns on and off with the car running instead of when the headunit is on (saves battery)

The rest I cannot comment on since I'm on a GOV ISP.

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wire to your fuse box is what tells the amp to power on/off. mine is located in fuse box that is inside the car not under the hood. it isnt a good idea to put it in a slot that already has a fuse in it. basically you have a power cable, ground cable, speakers cables, power on/off cable(not the correct name), rca cables. the power cable goes to the battery, make sure you have an inline fuse. the ground cable needs to be grounded, speaker cable go to your speakers(obviously), and rca comes from your head unit or line out converter however you are set up.

dunit121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personally i would just replace the amp in the same spot because all the wires are already in place throughout the car and cut to a certain length. the one thing you can change is the remote (blue wire in fuse box)wire. a remote wire can be cut and extended unlike a power wire. i would run the remote wire to the head unit output. there should be a blue wire with a white strip on it that is your remote from your head unit. that way whenever you turn on ur head unit the amp turns on. if you are going to leave it in the fuse box then i would recomend raising the amp of the fuse 3-5amps.

Last edited by a moderator:

gCobalt05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
persionaly i would just replace the amp in the same spot because all you wires are allready ran throughout the car and cut to a certain length. the one thing you can change is the remote (blue wire in fuse box). a remote wire can be cut and extended unlike a power wire. i would run the remote wire to the head unit output. there should be a blue wire with a white strip on it that is your remote from your head unit. that way whenever you turn on ur head unit the amp turns on. if you are going to leave it in the fuse box then i would recomend raising the amp of the fuse 3-5amps.

Ok, so, how do I take the remote wire and hook it up to the back of the head unit?
Do I need any connectors? or does it just go straight into the head unit?

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first get a add a circuit for that blue wire going to the IGN fuse under the hood, look ghetto like that, sure it will work but looks ghetto...and just swap each cord on at a time with the new amp, would make things a lot of easier

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey we almost got the same amp...mine is an 800w just like yours....except since my interior is gutted and i have no back seats...i mounted my amp and capacitor right below the driver side quarter panel window....its not even noticeable there...and when i go to the track i just take the box out. before i had the amp mounted on the back of the back seat along with capacitor...but i see u dont have a capacitor...do your light not dim when your bass hits?

gCobalt05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey we almost got the same amp...mine is an 800w just like yours....except since my interior is gutted and i have no back seats...i mounted my amp and capacitor right below the driver side quarter panel window....its not even noticeable there...and when i go to the track i just take the box out. before i had the amp mounted on the back of the back seat along with capacitor...but i see u dont have a capacitor...do your light not dim when your bass hits?

Nah, the lights dont dim when it hits.

Im getting this amp now, comes monday.
http://www.woofersetc.com/p7639/OVN2800--Power-Acoustik-2-Ch-800-Watt-Series-2009-Amplifier.htm

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are sitting in the passenger seat and look to the left at about the height of the cup holder there is a fuse box in there(there is in my car anyway). You can just run the remote line under the trim on the passenger side and hook into that fuse box. I will see if I can find any pics online.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts