Audio guys- Help me install my new amp!!

dunit121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so, how do I take the remote wire and hook it up to the back of the head unit?
Do I need any connectors? or does it just go straight into the head unit?

you just extend the wire to the wiring harnest. i would recomend using a connector but electrical tape will due. you just take the blue remote wire extend it and run it then connect it to the remote wiring coming out of the wiring harnest

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score

gCobalt05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool...well it should be a very easy swap...but try not to mount it to the box again...mount it behind the back seat...this way if you ever want to take the box out you dont have to disconnect the amp to remove the speaker box.

Ok, thats what I was thinking about doing.
What tools/ parts do I need to be able to hook it up to the back of the seat?

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thats what I was thinking about doing.
What tools/ parts do I need to be able to hook it up to the back of the seat?

well the amp should have some brackets on it...so all you need are some screws...maybe some spacers to give the amp some clearance from the back of the seat and a screw driver or drill

gCobalt05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the amp should have some brackets on it...so all you need are some screws...maybe some spacers to give the amp some clearance from the back of the seat and a screw driver or drill

Big help man. Thanks!

I can probably just use the screws that were in the sub dont ya think?

REDLINE

Reaction score
if this was my car i would run the blue wire(remote turn on)to the harness of the radio. looks so much cleaner and well done. i would not put the amp back on the box. doing that could/will hurt your amp. when it hits the wood flexes making the amp do the same. thats not good for the boards in the amp.

dunit121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if this was my car i would run the blue wire(remote turn on)to the harness of the radio. looks so much cleaner and well done. i would not put the amp back on the box. doing that could/will hurt your amp. when it hits the wood flexes making the amp do the same. thats not good for the boards in the amp.

ur so intelegent... u have no idea how many people ive told that too but they do it anyways ... and then 6 months later there like wtf i need a new amp allrdy

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ur so intelegent... u have no idea how many people ive told that too but they do it anyways ... and then 6 months later there like wtf i need a new amp allrdy

I've been running 2 12" Pioneer Premier's with a 1k amp strapped to the back for over a year and a half now and haven't had a problem.

gCobalt05

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ok, and how do I go about taking the remote wire and hooking it up to back of Alpine head unit?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts