Cobalt Tom:2006 Cobalt LS: N/A build

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5w 30 from penzoil or castrol it the same viscosity.

what is your reading (psi).
where the psi should be according to you?

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
5w 30 from penzoil or castrol it the same viscosity.

what is your reading (psi).
where the psi should be according to you?
at start idle they are at approx 60psi
if i take off close to right away it will get to 100psi+
over the course of about 30-45min, through driving and idle it slowly creeps down ( i expect it to lower, but not this much)
after about 30-45 min it will be at approx 0-5psi idle and 15-20psi to the head, although i havent driven it much past that (dropped it off) and this is pretty much the same issue i had before replacing the valve seals and it would get down to 5-10psi while driving and 0psi idle

it could be the gauge also...but it doesnt seem like it as it works and then slowy will "wilt down" to low psi

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
no, the oil does not conform to gms standards, but from what ive heard thats not because they failed the test...its because they didnt take it at all :lol:

as far as the gauge goes, i might try a cheap mechanical one (outside the car) hooked up and see if there is a diff

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, the oil does not conform to gms standards, but from what ive heard thats not because they failed the test...its because they didnt take it at all :lol:

as far as the gauge goes, i might try a cheap mechanical one (outside the car) hooked up and see if there is a diff

start by using conform oil.

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh you usin a electronik oil gauge . use a mechanical that is a good idea.

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
SOO....she has a new motor now due to spun rod bearing and 16 tapped valves (overspun the engine)
needs a retune soon (running VERY rich) and I have to put a new front main seel in today (the old one got stacked on another during a mishap in install and they tore apart)
then it will be running great!
I am now running the longtube 4-1 header and catless dp as well as i swapped to a k&n filter and Penn grade oil (organic partial synthetic 10w30)

so ya...I have a working car again and if i have no problems maybe ill get to enjoy it :lol:
and now I have a whole spare motor plus extra hahahaha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso