Hello

Kamren08

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have just recently purchased a 2008 Cobalt LS. I just had a few questions and was hoping someone here could answer them.

First, what do you advise about performance upgrades?? Im not looking to break the bank, and I am not a master mechanic of any sort.

Second, what do you all think about the parts GM sells on their site? (Exhaust, Air intake?) Are they good? worth the money?

Thanks for all the help!

P.s. - Try to keep the Acronmys & Abbreviations to a minimum please hahaha, I am sort of new to all this. Thanks again.

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are your power goals? if you want mild power but stay mainly NA without breaking the bank, just go with simple things like intake, full exhaust, 2.4 intake manifold/throttle body, and tune. suspension wise if you wanna do it the cheap way go with springs, ss/sc shocks/struts, rear sway bar and solid motor and trans mounts

i think GM parts are over priced, you can find aftermarket parts in the classified for dirt cheap

Last edited:

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NA = naturally aspirated. meaning no forced air induction, such as super or turbo charger.

2.4 intake manifold is a part from different trim cobalt with the 2.4 liter engine instead of the 2.2 liter like you have.

ss/sc= cobalt ss supercharged model

Last edited:

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
looks at own avatar and title,yes i am :)my cobalt has a k24 block/k20 head swap with a gt35r on 25 psi lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup