Hello

Kamren08

Reaction score
what are your power goals? if you want mild power but stay mainly NA without breaking the bank, just go with simple things like intake, full exhaust, 2.4 intake manifold/throttle body, and tune. suspension wise if you wanna do it the cheap way go with springs, ss/sc shocks/struts, rear sway bar and solid motor and trans mounts

i think GM parts are over priced, you can find aftermarket parts in the classified for dirt cheap

My power goals are in the mild range. I don't want to do anything to the car to drastic. I would like to be able to put the original parts back on & convert it back to stock if I decide to sell it later on. Also, what is a tune? Like I said, I am fairly new to this. Are the GM parts better in anyway than the aftermarket parts? What kind of stat increase might I expect to see if I did what you mentioned above, and also how much am I going to be looking fork out for all of it?

Lastly, I am looking for some 18" wheels & tires, what do you all recomend? My Wheels are 4 lug and chevy only has 15" 4 lugs(that I know of). Would I be better off going with a smaller 4 lug wheel? Iv read that a 4 lug 18" wheel is not as sturdy because of one less lug. My personal preferance would be to have original chevy wheels, not after market without the bowtie.

Sorry about all the questions, would just like to get all my information correct before I start spending money. Thanks again!

P.s. - I am not new to the Internet, just the car modiffying :emotions34:

Thanks again for the help!

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

NA = naturally aspirated. meaning no forced air induction, such as super or turbo charger.

2.4 intake manifold is a part from different trim cobalt with the 2.4 liter engine instead of the 2.2 liter like you have.

ss/sc= cobalt ss supercharged model

Thanks for the deffinitions, I did not know what any of that ment. What is the advantage of the 2.4 intake manifold as to the one all ready on my car? Also, do people sell these new or would I have to pull a used one from a 2.4l cobalt?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup