Official Alabama

08inBama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was scared of putting mine on the track... not because of breaking, because I didn't want to not be able to get traction and run shitty all night... it took me a couple of runs to get it down but I have a lot of experience racing, just not in this car...

most of my friends get me to run their cars at the track, so they can see what their car can actually do, lol... and sadly a lot of them, the fastest their car has been and when I was driving, lol... my friend couldn't break 8.5s in his GT500, my 1st time down the track in it I ran a 8.3xx, lol... end up getting a 8.1 out of it... just tell them I'm not responsible for anything that gets broke on the way down, lol

XxChristalSSxX

Platinum Member
Reaction score
^Haha. I'm afraid I'll look like the only redneck @ the track who can't launch. I hear so many horror stories about our failing launch control and wheel hop and I for dang sure don't want to do that in front of a crowd of drunken rednecks, lol.

08inBama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the s/cs have launch control? or are you talking about traction control?(p.s. don't use it on the track, ungodly bogging)

I never knew that if they do have LC, I didn't even use mine on the track... I wish I would have and when I go back I will.... I HATED mine when I 1st got the car, but its actually pretty effective on the street and people get the "what the ****?" look as your car bounces off 4800rpm as you get ready for a pull, lol

XxChristalSSxX

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Um... my car doesn't have like a button for launching/traction... I just meant I've never ran a 5 spd @ the track, only automatics. I don't want to look like a fool if I screw up. Not to mention, I don't have the G85 package, so I'll probably be pulling to the side, too.

08inBama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no you'd be alright, LSD will do nothing on the drag strip.... auto-xing, you'd miss it...

in fact the two fastest stock LNF cobalts(13.54 and 13.66)........did not have a LSD... but it DEFINITELY takes some getting used to with a manual on the drag strip, ESPECIALLY a front wheel drive one... the 1st car I ran on a drag strip was a 6-speed RWD Z28... the 1st FWD car was an automatic GTP grand prix... this Cobalt is my 1st fwd manual... its why I didn't go when the car was stock... I wanted to wait until I was very comfortable launching it, by then, I had mods on it, so I do not know what it would have ran stock...

but who cares... SS stands for Stock Sucks, right? lol

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso