Okay, so I want my 2.0 to sound like a

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely the stock exhaust on ss/tc and ss/sc, and even the intake(on the ss/tc at least) have very good flow numbers from anything I've heard on various forums from ppl who have done full builds. I don't plan any intake for my ss/tc, ever, and then no 3inch exhaust until I do a full turbo swap and engine build, many years down the road, if ever. My ss/tc will end up being a track whore and I don't think I want to dig into a full turbo build and run in the unlimited class, I can doing enough bolt-on modding with a tune to gain the power I need on the track.

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely the stock exhaust on ss/tc and ss/sc, and even the intake(on the ss/tc at least) have very good flow numbers from anything I've heard on various forums from ppl who have done full builds. I don't plan any intake for my ss/tc, ever, and then no 3inch exhaust until I do a full turbo swap and engine build, many years down the road, if ever. My ss/tc will end up being a track whore and I don't think I want to dig into a full turbo build and run in the unlimited class, I can doing enough bolt-on modding with a tune to gain the power I need on the track.

sounds good.

yeah the stock intake box if you put a filter on it and cut the box off it is the same as injen cai. no better gains from one to the other. same size piping. however a 3" intake would be better but does cost some money so i just kept the stock intake knowing it's already pretty good. also where do you live? You should run my slobalt. I got the slow ass supercharged one. if only i knew the turbo one was coming out i'd of waiting over a year to get the turbo one and walk around in shoes for the time being. :rofl:

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
sounds good.

yeah the stock intake box if you put a filter on it and cut the box off it is the same as injen cai. no better gains from one to the other. same size piping. however a 3" intake would be better but does cost some money so i just kept the stock intake knowing it's already pretty good. also where do you live? You should run my slobalt. I got the slow ass supercharged one. if only i knew the turbo one was coming out i'd of waiting over a year to get the turbo one and walk around in shoes for the time being. :rofl:

ummmm probably about 24hours+ away lol, the base of the Rocky Mountains above the Boarder so lol you'll need a passport.........i dunno lol

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all the aftermarket catbacks are expensive! you can just chop off the stock muffler and do an axle back. I had that before I went custom and it sounds great! I used the apexi n1 2.5 since we're 2.25 I just used an adapter piece. now I have a full boar muffler and the apexi with 2.5 from the dp. the full boar is a chambered muffler, it helped quiet it down but it sounds like crap by itself. you're gonna want a glass pack or something similar so it doesn't sound like ass.

rockSTAR_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...here's what I've been wanting to do. Get a header/3"dp, then do a 2.5" side exit exhaust. From what you're saying, this won't benefit me in any way?

07MetallicSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i gotta say go with hahn. i have them with gmpp header and catless downpipe and i love it.

crash092090

Reaction score
got the answer

have you tried a glass pack.....i know its unconventional but i did it and the car has a really unique 4 cylinder sound...deep and raspy...sounds mean. and there like 32 at checkers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts