Want some suggestions

Fletch627

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought my 2007 Cobalt LT like a week ago. Sadly, I don't know a lot about cars, but I'm working on that. I want my Cobalt to be loud. And to look as nice as possible. Can anyone help give me suggestions of what to do to my car, where to get it done, and how much it'll cost? Here's a pic of what I have..

IMG_4500.jpg

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spend a couple of hundred dollars on a nice catback exhaust. how much you are willing to spend is how good of a car you will have.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also, LOUD 4 cylinders that aren't cammed, sounds really ricey if you don't have some legit power in it. mine sounds ricey a little bit, but it's got balls too. if you want a REALLY nice set up, you're going to be spending at least 3k. not necessarily all at once, but that's about what i've put into mine and it's not even supercharged yet. a nice setup would be:

injen cold air intake
dc sport catback OR megan catback
2.5" zzp downpipe (non catted if you want it loud and get pulled over)
bad-mab header (this header is awesome for the price)
engine/tranny mounts
fe5 suspension on pedders springs
eibach front and rear sway bars with MOOG endlinks
2.4 intake manifold and throttle body (this is the point where you would NEED to get your car tuned by Vince at Trifecta Performance)

that gives you a little bit of an idea of a NICE set up. keeping in mind that those parts are expensive, but shop around, make sure you get the RIGHT part before you buy it.

any interior/exterior work would be on you, i don't know jack about appearance mods

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NEVER NEVER NEVER buy a chip. as I said, get it tuned. talk to vince at Trifecta Performance Custom Tuning :: Home Page and News and he will help you tune your car. as we also said, you get what you pay for. you'd waste your money on a chip

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Also, that would blow your engine up. If you want to mod your car, plan on your cheapest mod being probably 150-180 dollars. Don't buy anything off of eBay unless its a trusted brand and you read reviews on that specific product.

Cobalt_07_LT_Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can remove side moldings. i think it would look slick with out them. its free to remove, just find some time to do it. i heard it will take a while, but its up to you. and you can put at least 17 inch rims.

Fletch627

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks on the mod chip help.

And eventually I definitely will upgrade the rims. Just gotta save up a few more paychecks.

I think tomorrow I'm giong to tint the headlights and taillights.

Another questions, where's a good place to look at body kits?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
case310

Latest posts