WTB supercharger kit for 2.2

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
you need a wideband for tuning purposes as all cars are different so you need the wideband to tune your car exact. My post was saying for a supercharger kit with low miles so that means used. You do need a tranny cooler for automatics if you want to be safe. I plan on running a stage 3 pulley and 60# injectors. You don't need a boost controller because the boost goes by what pulley you have, injectors, belt, etc. I want to get up around 250 hp with my build.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

i hope you know that the supercharger, manifold and endplate or the most expensive parts.

yup and i got a good deal,

m62----300 shipped
intake manifold plus the endplate----250 shipped

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would HIGHLY recommend a tranny cooler for autos.06blackbalt was running a 60 shot and was cooking his trans.now he's supercharged with the cooler and it runs good.Also put a gt2860rs on tundraboarders LS auto,he doesnt have a cooler and sometimes it wont want to shift out of 2nd,he's also cooking his trans fluid.Trans coolers are a must in auto's with good power,unless you feel like putting a new trans in....or like running a 14 but only trapping 76mph.seen it on 06blackbalts car.Dont skimp out.

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im pushing 17psi on my 2.2 sc...runnin a 2.8" pulley, dude ditch the stgIII pulley, its weak sauce, its only a 2.99...**** that shit go 2.8 or leave it stgII(3.035")...imm all stock engine and internals, ima manual running the stock clutch too, been running it since 5/1/09 when my build was completed :) but as far as a sc kit goes, kept looking, you may want to hit up raul in houston, see if he has one, i think a local was picking one up, and i know he doesnt need it s he has a lnf, so he may be thinking of flipping it

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the tranny got to do with a 2.8" pulley? Same engine :p just run a tranny cooler, u'll b fine...dragonfire is running a 2.8 on his auto...

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I have a manual so I don't think I will be putting in a trans cooler. I paid $200 for my blower,

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck finding one for 950, its cost me a third of that just for the supercharger

http://cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=204862

$850 + shipping with 35k on this kit. So your saying i cant find the price im asking.

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

im pushing 17psi on my 2.2 sc...runnin a 2.8" pulley, dude ditch the stgIII pulley, its weak sauce, its only a 2.99...**** that shit go 2.8 or leave it stgII(3.035")...imm all stock engine and internals, ima manual running the stock clutch too, been running it since 5/1/09 when my build was completed :) but as far as a sc kit goes, kept looking, you may want to hit up raul in houston, see if he has one, i think a local was picking one up, and i know he doesnt need it s he has a lnf, so he may be thinking of flipping it

Jn2,

Do you have his email. Was he the one selling the kit on cobaltss.net for $500? I tried emailing and pm this guy in needville, texas but never got a reply back so im sure he sold the kit.

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=204502

thanks

Last edited:

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's the tranny got to do with a 2.8" pulley? Same engine :p just run a tranny cooler, u'll b fine...dragonfire is running a 2.8 on his auto...

06Blackbalt is also on 2.8 with 60's on his auto with a trans cooler.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso