15 inch rims lame?

K.I.M Keep it Movin

Reaction score
I'll be shopping for rims once this crap weather is over. I have heard it is easier to simply buy 15 inch rims and just have your current tires switched over. This way no mod needs to be done to the speedometer. But my question is won't it look lame? I've always thought low profile would look best. What do you guys think?

jmarie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personally... i wouldn't buy 15's.. i would get 16 or 17 for a ls/lt

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you went to a 17" rim with a 215/45r17 tire the difference from stock to a/m would be 60mph stock and 59mph a/m the difference being 1.65% slow.

DaBuzzard

Reaction score
^^^^Agree 100%

Might be cheaper to buy 15" and use your existing tires but not going to be any easier.

If you are going to spend the coin for nice rims why not go with 17" or 18" and low profile tires. Use the tire calculator to get a size that is the same overall diameter as your 15" - any tire shop shop should be able to help you here as well :)

Better looks, better handling - no reason to stick with 15" unless money is real tight.

Don't forget to keep the stockers for winter use ;)

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15's with low pro's would look good on a car with smaller wells. our wheel arches are pretty huge. i think they look best with 19's imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie