2.2 exhaust manifold swap to an SS/SC question

05Turbo2.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently already have the ZZP shorty header on the car. Ive managed to brake the welds on it. So im going back to a cast iron manifold. What i wanted to know was, if i got the SS/SC manifold, what gasket would i need to use. The 2.2 stock manifold gasket or the 2.0 stock manifold gasket?

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need the lsj gasket since the openings are bigger

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
my factory 2.2 gasket is exactly the same as a LSJ,not sure if yours is too.Im a 07 btw.

05Turbo2.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks. I went to the GM dealer and they wanted 317 for a stock LSJ manifold. I found a few LSJ extrude honde manifolds for about 50 bucks cheaper. so i think i may go with one of those.

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ya look online,ebay,craigslist,or even local junkyards.should be pretty cheap.What year are you?I have the stock one off my 07 thats been ported out pretty good if you wanna buy it,Only thing is it doesnt have a o2 bung in it since 2007's have both o2's in the downpipe.The only reason its off the car is I put the ss/sc one on for the extra o2 bung for my wideband

05Turbo2.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya look online,ebay,craigslist,or even local junkyards.should be pretty cheap.What year are you?I have the stock one off my 07 thats been ported out pretty good if you wanna buy it,Only thing is it doesnt have a o2 bung in it since 2007's have both o2's in the downpipe.The only reason its off the car is I put the ss/sc one on for the extra o2 bung for my wideband

i have a 2005... isnt your car secondary air injected? if not then hell yeah... i dont need the bung. I have the ZZP 3 inch DP w/ high flow cat and had them put the wide band bung in the DP. The ZZP shorty header doesnt have a bung in it. ZZP relocated it to the DP.

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
no I live in AZ so no secondary air.I havent seen any balts in AZ with SAI thank god lol.But ya it doesnt have the D port it looks just like the LSJ but without the o2 port and I spent about 3 hours cleaning up the collector and the primary ports.oh and it needs 2 studs put in it,I had to use them for the LSJ manifold which you can take from your stocker.I gotta take the caddi to get the tires balanced so ill be back on later today.let me know if you want it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup