2.2L LAP/L61 S/C Technical Build Thread

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Option B is the most important part of the equation to make sure you get the air out of the aftercooler system. That means a restricted line from the top of the (oem) heat exchanger. The stock T bottle is hopelessly ineffective on the LSJ aftercooler system.

The next is dual pass. Thats a little more involved, and requires great care re and re the end plate, swapping the laminova cores end for end, and replumbing the hoses.

My preference is to use the Saturn coolant bottle with decent brackets; you can buy the dual pass end plate where ever you wish. you need, and the "T"'s and "Y"'s are important...P.S GM have good "how to" instructions I think they are on this site....

But also I would buy a GNR style racing griffin h/e before I spent money on dual pass, if money was tight. So you would have option B , four pass and a better h/e, double the core thickness and tanks, in the stock location...

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
lnf front strut bar

picture.php

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
tune, wide band w/ air fuel ratio thingy, and a couple bolts

i need fe5 bushings and bushing mount clamps

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeez so you're right there. the uego is an all in one wideband controller and gauge. goes for about 200 on ottp or your preferred vendor. tuning, i can say stay away from boxed tunes. i'm sure you know this stuff, just putting it out there. other than that you're basically done. i can't wait to see some numbers.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ls2 edit is out, nothing around my parts capable of doing it, its an 06 l61 so HPtuners refuse to do anything with it, all i got is trifecta

i forgot i need a heat exchanger, someone local is selling the ottp one so i think ill grab it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts