2006 cobalt air conditioner problem

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If in park or neutral does the A/C work without giving it throttle?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is a stick so I can't stimulate the car being in drive, but I'll see what I get around that 7-800 range.

ThoR294

Reaction score
Any damage to the fan or any debris blocking the condenser? Are the fans on these cars push or pull type?

big gear head

Reaction score
No, the condenser was just cleaned. I'm going to check the fan myself when the car is here again.

onedoughboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I already said this, but have a shop vacuum down the system and charge it with the correct amount. I use to fill them with a can, and then let some out till compressor ran all the time at idle. Worked good for the most part, until there comes along a 100 degree day, and it don't work. Why, because pressure switch says there's a problem and compressor shuts down. They need to be vacuumed to get any air and water out of the system, because like I said they only hold a small amount of Freon (1 or 1.1 pounds).

big gear head

Reaction score
Ok, I'll check on that when I get a chance. I don't know when I'm going to get to work on the car again. It's 2 1/2 hours away from me and when it's here I dont' get much time to look at it.

big gear head

Reaction score
Got a chance to look at the car. The compressor runs fine when the car is idling in drive. If I rev the engine to about 1200 RPMs and then let off of the gas the compressor clutch kicks out for a few seconds until the idle speed stabilizes, then it kicks in again. This is why the air gets warm when pulling up to a stop sign. Do they all do this or is it just this one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts