2006 Cobalt LT

BlacK0uT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh first post!
Recently I was given a 2006 Chevy Cobalt LT 2.2L 4dr. Now, since I got this car for free, I'm not going to be spoiled and complain about it. But I would like to say, since I love cars, the 4dr. would not have been my first choice by any means. So in other words, if I ask about performance parts or anything that I may be adding, don't give me the "oh, that's a waste...it's a 4dr." To be honest, I know this but don't care because I just want my own car to work on for fun.

Now, I've been looking for a cold air intake since I got the car. If anyone knows about anyone who has one or if you have one yourself, I'm interested in it so just let me know. Thanks.

Also, I'm getting fogs instead of just the grilles I have on either side of the middle lower grille in front of the radiator. I was wondering if anyone knows if two separate ballasts are needed for the fogs after doing the headlights?

Comment on the car pictures too. Thanks.

That 610 Flow

blzn ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just do basic bolt ons like intake,header,dp,catback,etc

BlacK0uT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arman14 - Nice color on the car man =) and man..what kind of rims are those?...so hot.

2010VictoryRedLT - I'm from Springfield right outside of Philly.

RedDead - I hear so much shit from my friends haha. That's why i said that. My one friend said...no matter what you do to your car..it's still a Cobalt, and not even a coupe. So I mean I guess his car is sweet but I don't know..I just want a project car since no one else in my family is into cars

Last edited:

06ion2coup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Havin a 4 door doesnt change anything?

Just mod your car and enjoy it, Intake Headers and Exhaust are always a good first step

RedDead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RedDead - I hear so much shit from my friends haha. That's why i said that. My one friend said...no matter what you do to your car..it's still a Cobalt, and not even a coupe. So I mean I guess his car is sweet but I don't know..I just want a project car since no one else in my family is into cars[/QUOTE]

yeah man i get crap all the time from my friends one has a rx8 and the other a civic but yeah man i know how u feel....still love my balt though.....u can get it looking nice dude it just takes some work

BlacK0uT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i'm trying to work towards putting a few things in there. i want a cold air intake so bad but what from my understanding, it's practically pointless on a 4cyl car if your trying to feel any difference. I'm just trying to weigh my options and see if roughly $200 is worth 6-8hp. The only thing that is attracting me towards the CAI is the better sound and after-market look under the hood.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup