2006 LS Throttle Body Issues?

PEWTERBOLT

Reaction score
Sup guys new to this site , after doing a tune up on the wifes car decided to clean the throttle body with tb cleaner and a rag since it was pretty gunky.. now when i drive the car between 30-40 mph the rpm shoots up and down 1500 -2000 rpm in random while i have my foot off the gas ?? instead of decelerating like it use to... what did i mess up ?? lol any help be appreciated

i did do a search only thing i found on another thread someone quoted (speed sensor malfunctioning) ?

http://www.chevycobaltforum.com/forum/f16/just-baught-new-cobalt-hesitates-3708/

Thanks!

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
you must have gotten something past the TB and into the IM... or something causing that plate in the TB to stay open when its trying to close

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the TB was getting stuck it would pop a cod and go to limp moe"ENG PWR reduced"

PEWTERBOLT

Reaction score
After more searching on 2 other forums I found this ....

(I just had this problem, but im going to school for automotive, and i was talking to the GM teacher, and we just reflashed the pcm and the problem went away. We figured out that when you force open the throttle blade, the TAC module relearns the open throttle body, and defaults to that setting. If you have access to GM SI2000, the gm service site, i read the throttle relearn procedure, which is idle for 3 minutes, key off for 1 minute, and repeat 3 times. This didnt work for me, so the last fix was a reflash. The problem went away.)

I did the relearn and so far its working and seems back to normal , just thought I share this incase you guys run into this situation. Thanks for the replys !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts