2010 cobalt LS cruise control

lukkys

Reaction score
cruise control

Find out Exactly what part is different, get the part numbers of the different parts. Sofar as I know all the 2.2s for 2010 have the same ECU, and all the 2.0T have the same.

Just called GM rep.Should have an answer next week.

prc

Reaction score
New to this forum...sorry to butt in. I just went through this issue. I have a 2010 LS without cruise. I bought a steering wheel on ebay for a 2009 Saturn Aura that had the controls. I flipped the airbag out of the way, and swapped in the left and right controls along with their wiring harness. The radio controls worked immediately. The cruise control light came on but it did not function. I went to the dealer, and had them use their Tech-2 (with CANDI module) to update the BCM and turn cruise control on. They do it by choosing to "build vehicle" and just put a * next to cruise control. It has worked perfectly ever since.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
New to this forum...sorry to butt in. I just went through this issue. I have a 2010 LS without cruise. I bought a steering wheel on ebay for a 2009 Saturn Aura that had the controls. I flipped the airbag out of the way, and swapped in the left and right controls along with their wiring harness. The radio controls worked immediately. The cruise control light came on but it did not function. I went to the dealer, and had them use their Tech-2 (with CANDI module) to update the BCM and turn cruise control on. They do it by choosing to "build vehicle" and just put a * next to cruise control. It has worked perfectly ever since.

That sounds about how it should go lol

lukkys

Reaction score
cruise control

Where did you buy the cruise,what brand ...... Thanks

prc

Reaction score
I didn't exactly "buy" the cruise control. CC is really built into every Cobalt made. The only thing(s) missing are the controls on the wheel and the BCM being told that cruise control is turned on.

I just got a steering wheel that had the controls from ebay (mine was from a Saturn Aura, but HHR's, G5's, and some others work as well.), and swapped out my blank panels in the wheel for those, along with the small wiring harness that runs behind the airbag. This also has the benefit of giving you the factory radio controls.

I then went to the dealer and had them plug into the OBD-2 port under the dash and tell the BCM that cruise control was "on". 10 minutes later I had factory cruise control.

I think I have some pictures, I'll try to find them.

lukkys

Reaction score
cruise control

Thanks a lot prc and the rest of the guys,i don't know much in electronic but i will find somebody.I will probably have more questions sooner or later

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Hi again prc was your car USA or Canadian ???Thanks

lukkys

Reaction score
cruise control

got an aftermarket CC installed in my driveway by a mobile electronic guy,about 1 hour and no dealer programing,he pulled 2 side panels in front of console and one on side of steering column and drilled one hole to install switch.This cruise is lots smoother than most i owned.If you press resume say 15mph lower than your speed it doesn't floor it but brings it up normal.See pics attached.You can see it at thecruisecontrolstore.com item 250-9506

Attachments

• cruise.jpg
    cruise.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 21

bagpiper

Reaction score
Tell me what the GM rep says

Hi Lukkys

I have spoke to a few GM dealerships in Canada. They all indicate that they can put a cruise control on my 2010 Colbalt LS. But after hearing about your difficulties, I am a bit worried about actually getting it done, without having results guarantied. One person told me that there is a wireless pad cruise control,mounted under the horn on the steering wheel. Has anyone ever heard of such a set up.
Lukkys please tell me what GM tells you.
Cheers all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie