2010 Cobalt LT flashing driving lights

roosterk0031

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, alarm went off yesterday, had drivers windows rolled down and reached in to unlock doors, key/fob laying on seat. Haven't tried just pushing it.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's normal behavior if the doors are locked with the fob.
So normally when your lights flash it's just them, no horn..... I'm feeling stumped.

roosterk0031

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, no horn when driving lights flashing and car disabled.

Didn't look at it last night, mounted 3 Nitto SN2 on my wife's 2010 Impala, 4th tonight & oil change.

roosterk0031

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front end damage, one of the connectors on the drivers side infront of the fuse box to the PCM/TCM has some damage and missing some of the plastic. I'll stick with buying hail damaged after this one.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That damaged connector could be an issue of it got water in it and is shorting. The ECU isn't damaged is it?

roosterk0031

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know of any damage to ECU, car's has almost 10,000 miles on it since the repaired. I'm hoping keys/ignition take care of it, if not next time it dies I'll have to have it towed and my guess is dealers going to spot that damage and say we need to fix that first regardless if it is the cause.

When the Impala wasn't even 2 years old and battery cable failed, corroded off right at the post, warranty wouldn't cover it, new cable from dealer was close to $200 and they couldn't get it for a while. I rigged it up and car worked fine for couple years. Started having interment gauge turning off and non-crank. I traced it down chaffed wires under passenger seat, they didn't care had to fix the battery cable first. Passenger had to lift butt off seat to get it to start sometimes. By this time Oriely's could get the part so it was under $100, then they fixed the wires under the seat.

roosterk0031

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it 90 miles to dealer to get ignition recall done, along way TPMS needs service, I notice the DIC button's don't work right, "enter" toggles thru the display, ?info? button does nothing. Shortly after that Service Airbag, 20 miles later that again, about 60 miles in DIC button's start to work right.

Get to dealer, 2 hours later, they did ignitiion and steering recall, old codes present but everthing diagnosed OK. Less than $30. On way home DIC button's didn't work right but nothing else. Enter = info, info = nothing.

So the choice, make my wife drive it, when it quits, 30 mile tow to closest dealer, or make daughter drive it, if dies in Cedar Falls, tops 5 miles to dealer.

Checked out the new Trax, I like it, could see a AWD one replacing wife's Impala in a couple years, AWD, seating position she likes, and better MPG. I think it is rated 31 hwy in AWD, 34 FWD, about 2 years from now and a hail storm and I'll be able to afford one.

SS was cool, not $46k cool, LEO's better buy alot of them, GM probably doesn't plan on making money on them, pickups will cover the loss.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's..... Wtf..... I think one of the onboard computers has water or impact damage or something. Those buttons send addressed signals, like computers. Far different from the old days of directly wired individual buttons.

roosterk0031

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, chaffed wires I don't think would do that, drove daughter to church this morning to help teach CCD and the DIC never worked on way over, but filled it up and was able to reset trips etc... afterwards. Old and not in a hurry, 9 miles home, 43 mpg getting home, wife driving it today 120 miles, guessing it will show 32 unless my 15 yo son drives. Coast like crap have to go to N to get good coast, he won't N coast but atleast turns off cruise before he needs to brake.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I don't know much about modern cars, I kind of got out of them since putting a 350 in my 84 4x4 s-10 blazer, pretty old school. I have my ideal of which computer all these malfuctions are pointing toward.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup