best way to remove wax

XxChristalSSxX

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go buy u a bottle of Joy or Dawn dish soap (liquid form, of course). Wash your entire car with a sponge + dish soap & water mixture. It will remove every bit of wax that has ever been on your car. Allow to dry, wax/polish/seal/buff as normal. Next time you need to wash without removing wax, use a wash that specifically says "will not remove wax."

/thread

Rob @ GGD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dish soap should never be used on a car. It is called dish soap for a reason. Car soap is ph balanced so as not to strip off the wax. If you want to strip the wax off, use a concentrated citrus wash. That is what they are made for.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go buy u a bottle of Joy or Dawn dish soap (liquid form, of course). Wash your entire car with a sponge + dish soap & water mixture. It will remove every bit of wax that has ever been on your car. Allow to dry, wax/polish/seal/buff as normal. Next time you need to wash without removing wax, use a wash that specifically says "will not remove wax."

/thread

come near my car with a sponge and I'll shank you!:hahano: nothing touches my paint but microfiber and wax applicator.

Rob @ GGD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best tools for cleaning your vehicle

These are the staples in my detailing arsenal:

Microfiber Wash Mitt

Lambswool Wash Mitt

Foam Gun

Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds

Grit Guard

I use a professional de-ionizer for my business but a very inexpensive and extremely helpful tool for eliminating water spots and thus making your time more effective and easier are these:

Water Softener

&

Cartidge

If anyone is interested in a package like this, I can put something together with a few options if you prefer.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
wait....I'm 100% sure salt water is bad for unpainted or untreated metal, so what am I missing here? Water softeners are just salt.....Clearly I am missing something, and I dont doubt that it works, just curious how its not going to rust my car.

agita_san

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought water softener was basically a filter so the water has fewer minerals and such in it. And as for using dish soap on your car, there are only 2 down points. One, it removes all your wax. Two, it promotes oxidation. As long as you're planning on using it just this one time to strip wax off of your car and you plan on waxing it again right after, you should be good to go...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso