Big loss of miles on last few tanks of gas can any one help?

aheroawakend

Reaction score
I had a short ram custom installed last summer nothing was wrong at all was getting a good 350 plus miles on a tank giving if i babyed her or drove her hard.
Right before I put a custom cai in to replace the short ram 3 weeks before I noticed I only got 260 on that tank.
I didnt think any thing of it maybe I drove it a lil harder then I usually do. The next tank I got 271. After the CAI this tank I am currently at 206 and its at a quarter tank now with those miles I should be at half a tank or so. I could go 2 weeks or maybe a extra day or so with a tank cause my job isnt to far I dont run that much extras.
Last night I did swap out my spark plugs to NGKs platinum's. Now mind you My ion is a 03 first time I swapped out the stock ones they had some gaping and some carbon build up on 2 of the plugs. Now the thing I wanna know could I all of a sudden get bad gas millage out of no where instead of a gradual down turn in my miles?
The only other thing I can think of is maybe a bad o2 sensor but I have no idea on how to check that at all. If any one has any ideas shoot them my way. Im gonna fill her up today do a lil driving and see if I get any miles back to the tank I hope I do. She only has around 47k miles on her and ive been the only driver so just a lil back ground info on the engine and how many owners.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it's anything caused by a sensor it would throw a mil light.
try cleaning the maf, run injector cleaner and obviously replace plugs as needed.

Wisenos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
injector cleaner... i run 1 bottle every 10-15 tanks... new plug... checked
clean maf... checked
clean TB... checked
and running about 350-400 miles/tank
still need to change fuel filter (after 60k "100 000km")

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are driving harder probably cause of the new found power and sound

aheroawakend

Reaction score
agreed I drove harder when i had the full cai but it started even before that tho. I will try what you guys have mentioned about the injectors and tb thanks. I wanna get this straight before I do any other upgrades I just got my tires rims and projector hids. Ill post pics in a few days Im busy all this week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso