BlackCobalt707's 06 LS/TC build thread

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt have gotten that ebay, maybe if it came from morad auto parts plus a rebuild upon delivery

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
matt - will you like to fork me over $1500 for a turbo???

tyrone - thats what ive been reading about. which is why i got the garrett rebuild kit for it as well. as long as the internals are garrett i dont see what the problem is. the internals are the parts that fails.

bryan - morad? never heard.

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
matt - will you like to fork me over $1500 for a turbo???

tyrone - thats what ive been reading about. which is why i got the garrett rebuild kit for it as well. as long as the internals are garrett i dont see what the problem is. the internals are the parts that fails.

bryan - morad? never heard.

from the ebay ones i hear its usually the seals. the one u had previously had issues right?

if i remember right mine is one of those garrett cartridge 50 trim turbos. brand new theyre like 600 or so and i got it from a guy for 440 cuz he needed the cash. its held up nicely

im keeping it till i rebuild the motor. then im getting a precision turbo. WAY better prices.. garrett centers and precision housings.

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the one im puttin on soon is ebay as well. its the one with the red housing. the dude i bought it from said he was following Daytas build (which is the same turbo he used) and rebuilt it with a garret rebuild kit

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol so u do like those ebay ones. u should look into precision. theyre fairly expensive, yet theyre strong and most spool faster than counterparts.

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think ive saw it. i only like the ebay ones cause the brand ones are too expensive right now lol. why do you think i shop at the dollar store??? lol

guess what goodies i got

103_0511.jpg

103_0513.jpg

103_0514.jpg

103_0515.jpg

103_0516.jpg

Tial 44mm external wastegate baby!!! let the new turbo build begin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member