can i camm my 07 ?

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i heard that u can make the comp cams or some cam fit the my 0 7cobalt.. is it possible ?

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought the stage 1 comp cams for my 07 ls and the intake cam fit but not the exhaust, it was about 1.5 inches too long

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that can't be smart though, if you screw something up installing a camshaft and its not in properly that engine is gone

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes....we have talked about this many many times already....your intake cam need to be cut and cam sensor on your stock cam needs to be pressed on to your comp cam and voila...you have working intake cam...a good machine shop can do this for you...for around 40-80 bucks depending on the shop

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

i had some...but i sold them over a year ago...i decided to get a turbo and the stage 2 cam was not what i was looking for....i know it say i have an 05 cobalt...but my engine is a frankenstein...i have an 07 head installed on it after my original head shit itself

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes....we have talked about this many many times already....your intake cam need to be cut and cam sensor on your stock cam needs to be pressed on to your comp cam and voila...you have working intake cam...a good machine shop can do this for you...for around 40-80 bucks depending on the shop

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

i had some...but i sold them over a year ago...i decided to get a turbo and the stage 2 cam was not what i was looking for....i know it say i have an 05 cobalt...but my engine is a frankenstein...i have an 07 head installed on it after my original head shit itself

lol ok cool thnx man.. i got some soare cam might test this theroy out lol... the machine shop has to intake cam an exactly an inch and a half? and are the cams worth ?

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not a theory...i had cams in my 07 head...they were stage 2 comp cams...then i sold them on fail.net....you also need to press on the cam sensor or else you will have a CEL at all times if its not done correctly

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

you need to take both your stock and comp cam in to the machine shop and tell them you need the sensor pressed onto the new comp cam...they should know what to do

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not a theory...i had cams in my 07 head...they were stage 2 comp cams...then i sold them on fail.net....you also need to press on the cam sensor or else you will have a CEL at all times if its not done correctly

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

you need to take both your stock and comp cam in to the machine shop and tell them you need the sensor pressed onto the new comp cam...they should know what to do

do u remember how much the they cut off... just wanna make sure i know exactly cuz ima order them tonight :)

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

wat kind of horsepower can be gained from stg 2 ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso