Car wont shut off

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
did that just say ONLY for autos??? ive seen this on a non auto...and it was replaced due to the TSB if i remember correctly

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They probably wont cover it since its @ 54,100mi

Covered for 3 years/36,000 miles*
Chevrolet backs your new vehicle with its no-deductible, Bumper-to-Bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The entire vehicle is warranted for repairs, including parts and labor, to correct problems in materials or workmanship, for three years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first (except normal maintenance). The warranty covers towing to the nearest Chevrolet dealership, and there is no deductible for warranty repairs during the warranty period. The warranty transfers automatically with vehicle ownership during the warranty period.

Last edited:

cdjnight

Reaction score
lmao...dam wish id known that...jk...im fully aware of the factory warranty hence why im pushing the issue anyways. Its a safety issue and they've known about it with the hundreds of thousands of cars they've fixed that went bad while still under warranty. Besides the worst they can say is no. At that point i will be sure to let them know I wont be purchasing $70,000 worth the GM vehicles every 5 years anymore. With all the problems this Cobalt has in 54,000 miles im pretty sure i'd been better off with a Toyota throttle sticking.

Last edited:

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did that just say ONLY for autos??? ive seen this on a non auto...and it was replaced due to the TSB if i remember correctly

yes it says for autos only.. i've seen this twice on two 09 ss my buddy's car and mine personally.. got it fixed under warrenty and kept same key :hahano:

Talmore

Reaction score
This exact thing happened to my 09 ls 5 speed. Only 10k miles on it and had to replace the ignition.

cdjnight

Reaction score
Well I got my answer from the big GM today. They won't pay the $315 but they will give me a year of free maintance at a local dealer. I told the guy that we change the oil nearly every month or better. Didn't matter whatever the regular maintance is he said they'd do it for the next twelve months. Not a bad deal, I guess I dont have to crawl under the dam thing for the next year. See it pays to raise hell and speak up now and then!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson