check engine light went off..is my car okay?

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Shane! My husband replaced the intake actuator and the eng. light went off after starting my car up 3x. So far so good. I'm just worried about why my husband seemed concerned after the replacement...to me it seemed like he may've dropped something down the intake hole? But he isn't telling me anything so I guess I'll never know. Hopefully my car will continue to run okay.

Are there any signs I should look for indicating a bolt or washer could have dropped into my intake hole? Is it true an o ring is harmless as it's rubber? Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi Allie7,

I would love to be able to give advice on this situation. However, since I’m not authorized as a certified technician, I would be unable to give this type of feedback in regards to your vehicle. However, if you would like me to help set up an appointment with your dealership’s service dept., I would be more than happy to do so.

All the best,

Shane M.
GM Customer Care

Allie7

Reaction score
Check engine light came back on today, then turned off last two times I turned on my car. Autozone pulled codes p0010 again (intake camshaft actuator solenoid), p0013 (exhaust one), P0326/7 (knock sensors).

Because it pulled poo10 and my husband replaced the intake actuator, does that mean the part didn't fix it? Also does the intermittent check engine light definitely mean I have an intermittent problem ---wiring...like a short or frayed wire? And if so can my husband troubleshoot/fix the wiring or will a mechanic need to do that?

Thank you!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not necessarily the wiring but that's certainly a possibility. It's also possible the sensor is bad.

Allie7

Reaction score
Do the intake and exhaust actuators have separate sensors? Should I replace the intake sensor next since the p0010 codes still comes up? (or did that just come up because it was stored in my car's memory from the 1st time codes were pulled by autozone?)......

OR should I replace the exhaust actuator next since the poo13 code came up for that this time?

or should I do something else first i.e. check wiring or other?

Thanks so much YelloEye! :)

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It could be the crank sensor, honestly I'd see what the dealership recommends.

Allie7

Reaction score
Thanks but I'm no longer concerned about a possible bolt in my engine. Still trying to get help troubleshooting a pesky, intermittent check engine light.

this reply was to Shane M. btw.

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Good idea, I'll call the dealer and ask.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso