Cobalt 2.2 to 2.4 Intake Kit

JC2

Reaction score
i was thinking vibrant, little more then magnaflow but from what i hear its not as load and disturbing, i dont want to stick out too much or upset the neighbours when i come home between 3:30-6:30 AM depending on my shift at work lol

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you better throw a downpipe with that set up if you do a header and catback, otherwise both will be kind of useless if you don't. btw, you're going to be spending quite a bit of money to add very little horsepower if you're looking at doing a full exhaust that sounds good

JC2

Reaction score
with exhaust im pretty good, all id be doing is getting the cat, muffler and the tubing separate, not the full kit, muffler shops dont charge lots to bend pipes and weld them up myself and thanks to my sisters bf i can get a killer deal on parts. the headers same deal but depending on prices i could go get them ceramic coated at kool coat, place not too far and pretty good prices. not new at doing mods, just new to newer vehicles, still use too anything with push rod V8's lol

ZapFrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for my setup, i did a custom exhaust.. i bought the cheapest 2.2 header on ebay for like $79 with free shipping. i had a muffler shop custom make the downpipe and you can buy a 10 feet stainless steel pipe for $40.. i bought the magnaflow high-flow cat for $65 at advanced auto and i bought a magnaflow muffler off ebay for $70. the muffler shop charged $140 for labor and that included the 10 foot pipe. an amazing sounding exhaust... it's not loud unless you get on it, thats just magnaflow for ya... my buddy has a full vibrant catback with a header and zzp downpipe i believe and his is loud as hell, but its not ricey. it's really deep. i would prefer magnaflow. i think magnaflow is the best sounding exhaust.

on topic now, that manifold is EXPENSIVE!! . i looked around for 2-3 months when i got mine.. i finally found one used on ebay for $75.. it was the cheapest one i EVER seen so of course i bought it.. keep looking man, you can find them way cheaper. while youre at it, get the 2.4 throttle body and get a tune.. some people think that it dont add much hp.. theyre wrong. it does ALOT!!! . you will probably get 35-50 hp from a full exhaust, 2.4 manifol/throttle body and intake and a tune.. if not more hp..

JC2

Reaction score
nice! Yeah ZapFrog, Things that you do yourself always has more appreciation and you save at the same time. Dont always have to have deep pockets to have a great product. Just need to have some know how.

Thought it was expensive for a plastic part but was unsure, seemed like a good deal but if it seems that way its not always true. i well keep looking around for sure.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it used to be like 285 or something, and even then, that was expensive as hell

MP81

Reaction score
Yup. There was a company or something that was selling the 2.4 manifolds off LE5 crate engines for cheap, just can't remember who they were. Think it was on ebay...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso