Cobalt headlight lens

Cobaltpunk

Reaction score
So, A while back i hit a guard rail. It put a scratch in my headlight lens. Today I was resealing my headlights and had the brilliant idea to wet sand my headlight lens.... Well, its screwed. IT looks so much worse, cause I figured it would buff out with some magical product that doesnt exist :( so, does anyone have a lens that will fit an OE light and willing to sell? Preferably a lens without scratches :)

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the lense can be fixed, what grit were you useing? most likely to coarse

800grit to 1500 to 2000 then buff with compound

Cobaltpunk

Reaction score
Old woman at Advance Auto who sounded like she knew what she was talking about said It isnt fixable. I was using 1000. I could get some 1500 and 2000. What kind of compound are you talking about? link or something please.

Yellow2006SS/SC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for a Micro-Mesh kit (KR-70 Restoration Kit). They work great. Comes with sanding block, 1500 - 6000 paper, Micro-Gloss liquid Abrasive and a polishing cloth.

malibu3005

Reaction score
i just busted my headlight out driving down the highway i got hit by the retread off of a tractor trailer i found cheap headlights all over the place... i got my whole light assembly off of amazon.com i got it for like 50 bucks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso