Cobalt Tom:2006 Cobalt LS: N/A build

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
What did you make that little thing in your change holder out of that holds the gauge? I need one for my nitrous gauge lol
I used some russian birch (nice solid plywood) to make a little table looking thing and then put a piece of lexan (plexiglass) on top of it and used spray adhesive to hold them together. I drilled a hole with a hole saw just slightly smaller then needed and used a sander to bore it out a lil so it didnt chip out. Then I spray painted it black with some paint i picked up for lexan (plastic paint) and after drying installed. I put two screws inot the legs on the side and there is a bracket on the back side that holds the gauge in....there is even room for a switch or two in there if you wanted to go extra N20 stealthy ;)

rockSTAR_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The switch thing definitely aint a bad idea! I wish I woulda found this before I drilled holes in my interior plastic. Thanks man! I'll definitely looking into doing this.

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
no prob, let me know if you need help!

and btw...a note, that change holder, when you make the face the gauge sits in...it is narrower at the back i think...its one of the two lol, its not square though...just know that haha

rockSTAR_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I'm gonna give it a shot today. I have some plexy glass that I'm gonna try it with. If I can get it cut out right then I may try to do it with some stainless steel.

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
hey tom u may not need the ebay catch can nemore if u want. overkill engineering motorsports is making catch cans now :-D

i told him to come be a vendor while he can but hes been busy

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
hey tom u may not need the ebay catch can nemore if u want. overkill engineering motorsports is making catch cans now :-D

i told him to come be a vendor while he can but hes been busy
how much they want for it? lemme see?

B-Low187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this car is awesome

excellent job so far on the build. cant wait to be a part of it

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
this car is awesome

excellent job so far on the build. cant wait to be a part of it
cant wait for you to be :):)
and maybe when i get up the nerve to do engine work on it (block work) later ill just have to bring it down there ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup