cuppa quick questions not solved by search

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you gotta have one get slotted. I'll find an article on it at a later date.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and recommendations. On the downside, I personally detest Hawk HPS pads but that's from experience in my mustang which has little in the way of a good basis of comparison. I don't suppose any of you have tried EBC pads or Baer Rotors then?

I'll abandon the added power for the time being. It's still plenty fast for a git-around. I mean, it's not anything like as brutal as my v8 car but it's still got all the stuff I pulled off my mustang like a radio and air conditioning and a comfortable ride.

What about reliability mods? In the mustang world we do things like add an oil cooler (for obvious reasons) and pcv oil air separator (keeps oil out of our intake manifolds) and add a crossover between the cooling jackets on the rear of the heads (solves a cooling problem on cyls 7&8). Do you guys have any such mods that are commonplace and serve a genuine purpose.

In any case, I'll see if Baer makes a rotor set for it and grab a full set of EBC pads.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
that should be good, im not sure why Hawk would suck on one brand vehicle over another but Baer is good

Revenant_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a company getting ready to release an oil catch can for the SS Turbo very soon. I can't mention them by name because they aren't a supporting vendor here.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil catch can mods are good to do. No cooling problems, most 4 cyl's don't have any issues like that.

The LNF pill mod is not free, but super cheap. Not really very familiar with the engine stuff of the LNF, my focus is more towards the LSJ.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

There is a company getting ready to release an oil catch can for the SS Turbo very soon. I can't mention them by name because they aren't a supporting vendor here.

Modern Performance. Just because they're not a supporting vendor doesn't mean you can't say they make good parts.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
and i dont care if you say someone other vendors name on here, the only problem is if they try to sell without becomeing a vendor

/threadjack

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
I invented (about 8 years ago) and make my own PCV oil air sep kits... I developed them for OHC v6 and v8 engines but the kit could probably be adapted to our uses. I do make them for others but I sell them at cost, not as a business. I'm a computer geek by trade so I have no interest in selling any product as a source of income

Here's the kits I make:
Square Root of One Racing Products

My blower car kits typically add a few ponies because the supercharger acts as a HUGE crankcase vacuum pump under boost with my check valve setup and decreases pumping losses.

If someone wants to make such a kit for themselves LMK and I'll help you pick the right parts and splain' how to mod all the bits that need modded for correct function. I have a full billet kit on my mustang. A warning about OAS kits, DO NO trust any kit that uses rubber hoses for vacuum. They eventually collapse and lead to a severe lean condition, at least on stangs'.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais