Cylinder 1 Misfire, please help

Chopper8176

Reaction score
Bockwoldt, swapped spark pluggs in cylinder 1 and 2, and swapped coil packs on cylinder1 and 3. Engine light shut off, it will be on after a while. Will run engine code again. Thanks, will keep updated.

Chopper8176

Reaction score
Rechecked codes, they were p0301(cylinder 1 misfire) again and p0300 (random misfire). Still thinkin injectors. Just curious to see what advise anyone can give for my next step to finding the.problem ?

bockwoldt

Reaction score
Try spraying some carburetor cleaner around the injector. If you hear the engine RPMs increase, or a sucking noise, replace the o-rings. If there is no leak, try moving the injector from cylinder 1 to cylinder 2. Make sure you're careful with the o-rings so they don't rip during the move. If the code comes back to a P0302, then you know it's a bad injector.

Chopper8176

Reaction score
Yellow eye, I used the chevron fuel addictive. Still have the same results, engine light goes on and off, mostly during higher RPMs and when engine is working harder. I have used that product several times on the cobalt and my gmc sierra.thanks.
Bockwoldt that was my next step, to swap injectors. I will also do the carb cleaner test around the injectors.

Chopper8176

Reaction score
Okay, switched around 1 and 2 cylinder injectors tonight. Cleaned all of them up with carb cleaner. The car doesn't have any hesitation, don't notice any major power loss, starts fine. However I have noticed it uses a bit more gas than used to. I sure hope it's not a valve either. Will post results again.

Last edited:

Chopper8176

Reaction score
Okay, CEL came on again. Got code pulled, misfire still in cylinder 1. Have swapped plug, coil pack, and injector. Suggestions?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So that leaves you with:
Valves
Valve seats
Piston head
Piston rings
And wiring connecting to that coil

Done a compression test?

Members online