Ebay turbo kit

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as some of you saw, i thought i would make this post here for future cobalts to see and avoid crap loads of ebay turbo threads.

-Is there a cheap turbo kit on ebay for the ecotec like their is every other car? Yes
turbokit.jpg

-How much is it?
1,256.00 OBO on ebay
^^^ thats the seller that has the ecotec turbo kit listed

-There is a lot of stuff in that kit, do i need it all? No, the kit has a load of crap that you dont need, its meant to be for any ecotec, which is why it comes with a fuel pressure regulator, and other things, a delta wont be needing all of that, a cavalier may get away with it, but FPR tuning is a old school method, the tranny cooler is good for those who are auto's though

-What else is needed besides this kit?
-fuel injectors w/harness
-autometer oil gallery plug adaptor
-finishing the downpipe(they give you a elbow)
-tuning
-and prob a few smaller things

-how hard will it be to install this kit? should be done by someone who has experience installing universal kits

-Is there a how to for installing this kit? No, i would be willing to make a how to for everyone but would need someone local to buy it and than i offer to help with the install, being a universal kit for the most part, i forsee a few headaches, btu nothing advanced planning wont fix

-RECOMMENDATIONS:
-upgrade the turbo to a real turbo(ebay turbo's are hit or miss)
-use the OBO function on ebay, round that # down to the nearest 100th :p if they want 1256, offer 1,100, than go up from there

Last edited:

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I had the money I would def buy this then upgrade to a garrett turbo.FM :( lol

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had the money I would def buy this then upgrade to a garrett turbo.FM :( lol

exactly...and u can get a used garret 5 bolt outlet turbo for cheap on ebay, hell even new, a t3 super 60 would be around 550...u coudl easily build a good kit from this...wish i had da money for it i'd try it...trying to get a local to pick it up so i can get some hands on exp with this thing, plug it comes with a tranny cooler and lines for those who are auto :p

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mark u know u want it :p it is nice now that we have a cheap turbo kit lo, all we're missing is for the pipes to be pre bent like it is for the bmw's hondas, VW's and shit

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow...where was this kit when i first did mine...of course i initially started with the garrett...but i have pieced my kit from scratch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso