engine noise when I first start up the car

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha i remember trying to point it out to another tech at work. it never happens when you want it to, but always happens when you don't want it to. you can trace it to exactly where the tensioner is. also, if it's been replaced and hasn't been positioned properly, for example if you just tighten that sucker in and not retract it onto the tensioner (the part were talking about is actually the tensioner actuator) with the valve cover removed and so on, it will mess it up pretty bad and the clicking will just come back. i've had plenty of run-ins with this problem on ecotecs.

ordlinn

Reaction score
It is the evap system it is going through it's cleaning cycle. It is normal and that is why it only happens every so often. I just had mine at the shop and had a hard time explaining it to the guys but we figured out that is what it is. Chev has it on their bulletins.

Revenant_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is the evap system it is going through it's cleaning cycle. It is normal and that is why it only happens every so often. I just had mine at the shop and had a hard time explaining it to the guys but we figured out that is what it is. Chev has it on their bulletins.

The evap self check happens in three's and it comes from the back of the vehicle. It sounds like somebody taps your trunk 3 times. They must have changed how it works slightly because my SS has never done it yet my G5 GT did it on a regular basis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso