eyelids

Cobalt08ls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k i hope someone can help me
i have sheet vinyl and i am not the right type of person who can properly design eyelids and cut them out right bc i cant draw or cut precise. there are designs i like that i found on css.net

http://cobaltss.net/gallery/files/1/6/2/2/2/010__2.jpg
http://cobaltss.net/gallery/files/1/6/2/2/2/002_333110.jpg

http://cobaltss.net/gallery/files/1/7/0/7/9/dsc_0029.jpg

what i want is if someone can make me a template i can just print out and than trace and cut on the vinyl so i can put them on my lights.

so if someone can help me out that would be greatt! i already tried to cut them and all that and it came out like crap

Cobalt08ls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dsc_0029.jpg

002_333110.jpg

010__2.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

or a template similar to that style
i just cant design anything like that myself because i dont have the skills to do so. i already tried cutting the vinyl out and it was a fail
therefore i was thinking to see if someone could design some up on the computer or so and than just email me it so i can print it up than cut it on the vinyl

Cobalt08ls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i already did lol. he didnt respond to my 2nd message on css.
he told me to go along the top and use tape and stuff. but i just dont see that working

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than painting trying to cut some eyelids from vinyl is difficult. Cuz u have to cut a smooth, straight even outline. And to top it off u have to do it twice. It's best to either paint the lids on and using tape as an outline or just buying precut eyelids

Cobalt08ls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i know. its really difficult. i mean i have 3 feet of vinyl ha i don't wanna see it go to waist. although i did use money i got from stuff i sold to buy it.
i just wish someone out there could design a template on the computer or something and email it to me so i could print it out and cut it on the vinyl
i don't want to paint my headlights because i don't think painting would be much easier.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than painting trying to cut some eyelids from vinyl is difficult. Cuz u have to cut a smooth, straight even outline. And to top it off u have to do it twice. It's best to either paint the lids on and using tape as an outline or just buying precut eyelids

you should only have to draw it once if you use a template. all you have to do is flip the template...

this is what i would do if using vinyl..
1. tape a large sheet of paper or something similar on the entire headlight.
2. draw the shape you want on the paper you want. it will help give you an idea of what it's going to look like on the car.
3. remove the paper and cut the shape you want out...
4. lay the template you made on the first sheet and either trace the shape onto the vinyl and then cut it out or cut the vinyl tracing the template.
5. repeat step 4 for the 2nd one just flip the template.

also you can transfer the drawing from step 1. onto something more stable for a template before using it to trace onto the vinyl.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

yeah i know. its really difficult. i mean i have 3 feet of vinyl ha i don't wanna see it go to waist. although i did use money i got from stuff i sold to buy it.
i just wish someone out there could design a template on the computer or something and email it to me so i could print it out and cut it on the vinyl
i don't want to paint my headlights because i don't think painting would be much easier.

painting is just as easy as vinyl it just requires a little skill with masking tape and and a bit of measuring..

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

for painting use tape.. if you're not good with tape use a dry erase maker and color in the shape you want on the headlight and then tape it off from there

there's many ways to do this quit being self-conscience or lazy which ever it is and just get it done if you want it that bad.

Cobalt08ls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha im deff not lazy dude.
im not painting my gen 4's and i said i dont have much drawing skills
i may see if my mom can draw them or something

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member