f-ing rear drums :facepalm:

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope they still do just not nearly as much. that and if you ever clean a brake lathe without a mask on you'll be cleaning black out of your nose and lungs for a week. its not pleasant.

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Most modern brake systems (even my shitty 8 valve 99 cavalier) have self adjusting drum brakes.

Drive in reverse, apply brakes firmly. there is a little star wheel in there, and since the torque on the shoes is opposite of what they would see under normal forward braking, they adjust to take in the wear.

Believe it or not, this helps most of the time. If it still squeaks, pull the drum off and take a look.

I like to wear surgical gloves when doing brake work because brake dust gets under your nails easy and is hard as **** to get out. Gotta impress the ladies.

this is how i did it yesterday, my dad told me to do it like so and i thought he was crazy, but it really does work good

ilovecars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wtf is this reverse nonsence? ive never heard of that. i think i just need better brakes shoes....and drums. do they make performance drums? hmmmmmmmmm

ilovecars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how fast? like j turn speed? lol

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

well i did it today. tommorow i will see what the braking is like. hopefully more flat and less squeeky after letting off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso