ff_drift's spectacular home made roll cage

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
made it out of 1 1/2" stainless tubing. painted with hammered matte black in a rattle can.

here's a pic of the front of my new wink mirror. pedo bear is watching btw
downsized_0220001630a.jpg

5 panel wink mirror, next will be a detachable deep dish sparco wheel and a 3" extension for my b&m shifter.
downsized_0220001630.jpg

downsized_0220001629b.jpg

mig welded 6x6 1/4" steel nhra and scca legal
downsized_0220001629.jpg

downsized_0220001628a.jpg

downsized_0220001628.jpg

new battery/terminals
downsized_0220001629a.jpg

the cage is still a work in progress, i'm going to add a few diagonal supports and i want to reinforce the part of the chassis where the trailing arms attach to the body. I did away with bends because this isn't a real roll cage, it's more of a method of stiffening the chassis. roll cages do not connect the b pillars like this does. the car feels much more rigid and there is 0 body roll as a result. hope ya like!

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
noice..although i seem to be more interested in the wink mirror...how do you like it ?? do large vehicles blind you with their headlights at night?

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wink mirror is awesome. i can see everything in a panoramic view it even covers the blind spots. it does vibrate slightly because i have solid trans mounts which i am working on finding a solution for. i had to remove my visors to mount it but the mirror is big enough so i don't even need them. i also need to figure out how to rig up a new dome light because i can't see shit (map lights were in the oem mirror). it's sort of a pain to figure this stuff out but it will work out.

PoweredByLE5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the mirrors look like something a granny would put in don't like it at all but the roll cage looks good

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol i wonder how that holds up if you get in a crash if it will just fold like a deck of cards or it will actually do something. i've always wondered. looks badass though.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

noice..although i seem to be more interested in the wink mirror...how do you like it ?? do large vehicles blind you with their headlights at night?

yeah idk if i am digging the wink mirror. roll cage is badass but the wink mirror could go back to the normal mirrors. it's your vehicle though ff-drift so really you can do whatever the f^#K you want to do with the car

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha someone told me their grandpa had one in their deville. i found it in that datsun 610 on speedhunters and thought it was a cool idea. it's used by a lot of rally racers to see other cars creeping up. i did it mostly for the race inspired flavor it gives but it's also pretty functional. to each his own i guess lol

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i still think it looked best on cut springs but then again i guess it's not right or good for the car to roll around on cut springs.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no def not. i think i can make it work with coilovers and the right spacers. stock wheels looks pretty cool i want to stretch on them but they're so damn narrow

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup