Front Speakers go in and out

RedDead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have had the same exact thing in my car.....the turn signal sound also goes out and the beeping when u go to lock the door....i took mine to the stealership and they said it was a blown speaker in the driverside door.....it has happened 3 times since then im gettin pissed

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

it also does the bump thing....now mine is out of warranty to fix the speakers so i just sai screw it......also my a/c and heater are jacked up it will be on the defrost even though i have it to where the a/c comes out of the front vents....any idea???....

Last edited:

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vac leak for the vents, the wiring should lead to a vac bank under the dash that controls the vents, check there for leaks or loose vac lines, there is a 1 way check valve in a vac line in the engine bay that will provide vacuum for it. With the key on when you change vent position you should hear a hiss for a second. Its either that or the electric actuators for the vac ports is fubared.

RedDead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vac leak for the vents, the wiring should lead to a vac bank under the dash that controls the vents, check there for leaks or loose vac lines, there is a 1 way check valve in a vac line in the engine bay that will provide vacuum for it. With the key on when you change vent position you should hear a hiss for a second. Its either that or the electric actuators for the vac ports is fubared.

thanks man

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i know in a few friends gm cars like a cadi and a ponti . they had problems kinda like this and it was in the wires . on friends had a bad crimp ( bad connection) in the wires that plug into the back of the deck and the other friends had a bad soder on one speaker and would short out and it cut out both front speakers when it did

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well think about it logiclly. the fact that both of them going out at the same time means it has to be something that would effect both speakers. so if its wiring it would need to be in an area where both speaker wires are. also since you a/c is fucking up that could help narrow down the problem as well. i would yank the radio, a/c and the 2 side panels on the center console. then follow the wires down and see what you see.

there isn't a guarantee your going to find something but maybe. i would check the pins going into the harness as well because thats a valid explanation (if ur car is an 05-06 the front 2 are by each other and if its and 07+ they are on a different harness from the rear speakers)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson