fuel injector cleaner or fuel system cleaner

Ramphex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lucas is old news, run Seafoam... google it and youtube it... best stuff out there and all sensor safe, works like a charm, I restored plenty of power out of my friend's old geo metro 3-cyl that couldn't even make it up the hill, after seafoam and oil change that beast started going up hills :)

Beamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lucas is some great stuff. Seafoam is very good too but I recommend that when a car has good bit of miles on it. I wouldn't seafoam my 23k mile cobalt anytime soon. Now my 160k mile cavalier I would had I not just rebuilt the engine.

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10020_FuelTreatment_5OZ_th.gif

Is this the bottle you saw? Or did you see the giant jug of it?

Find one of these bottles. This is all you need. Like I said before... if they don't have it at Wal-Mart, go to an Advance Auto or an AutoZone.

yes this is the bottle i saw at walmart for $10. Is it worth it?

madj_cool

Reaction score
injector cleaner

guess wot?? after i used the injector cleaner on my 2006 chevy cobalt check engine light on. 62K miles.never had check engine light before..help me.thanks!!

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guess wot?? after i used the injector cleaner on my 2006 chevy cobalt check engine light on. 62K miles.never had check engine light before..help me.thanks!!

Guess what? We don't know because there are literally hundreds of possibilities.

Hook a DTC reader up to it and then report back with the codes.

And in case you didn't know, pretty much any Auto Zone or Advance Auto can/will read your codes for you. Write down the number and then post it here (Example: P0420)

So Lucas would be good to use while the car is still somewhat new...then seafoam later?

Sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso