Getting a Cobalt

clancaster23

Reaction score
I'm possibly getting a 2010 Cobalt XFE. Brand new off the lot, 5 speed. Was wondering if they were easy to mod and how cheap the mod parts (springs/struts/CAI/exterior parts etc...) are? Does anyone have an XFE and if so, are you happy with it? What's the simplest part to mod to get the most kick?

And don't say "Get an SS". It isn't an option :emotions122:

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm possibly getting a 2010 Cobalt XFE. Brand new off the lot, 5 speed. Was wondering if they were easy to mod and how cheap the mod parts (springs/struts/CAI/exterior parts etc...) are? Does anyone have an XFE and if so, are you happy with it? What's the simplest part to mod to get the most kick?

springs about $200, intake $200-300, struts and shocks $338 from CED, the simplest mod to get the most kick is get an SS or boost it or nitrous

The GRAFX Shop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vinyl mods are cheap!

welcome to the site

fender stripes , overlays , eyelids ....ect ect stand out from the rest of the cobalts a the malls

Lenny

Reaction score
I have a XFE

SS ? Nah. The fuel mileage is not as good and I have read they want you to burn High Test in it. I really like my XFE but it has 2 Quirks. I can't make the drivers side wiper stop hopping across the windshield. And the negative battery terminal , being copper, corrodes constantly and often. I just clean it every time I change the oil. my fuel mileage ? Hwy, between 38 and 38.5 . But a fun car.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah SS mileage isnt so hot around town, im averaging 23.3 after my long road trip last weekend. Before that I was at 21.5.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup